When you hear the word "invest," what comes to mind? You might see dollar signs and associate it with the stock market, retirement or another financial venture, right?
I'm all about investing, financial security and planning ahead, but what I want to talk about today is a different kind of investment—the one you make when you invest in and commit to yourself, your future and your goals.
Being willing to invest in yourself is one of the most profitable endeavors you will ever make. Not only can it pay off big time in the long run, it can also move you forward rapidly in the here and now.
When you invest yourself, you need to keep yourself accountable, you need to remember that you are banking on yourself to make moves that will take you further in life.
I see people willing to invest in education and certifications, but not
You are doing it for your growth, to create a strong business with new revenue streams, new opportunities and new ways that you can service your customers, and ultimately, that increases your earning potential.
So where do you start?
Depending on your goal, there are so many different things you could start doing right now!
1. Develop your skills. This doesn't necessarily mean get a degree (although that is an option!). There are many other things you can do to develop your skills, like take classes, enroll in workshops or webinars, go to conferences or take online courses.
My advice: DO NOT opt into every freebie you see. Choose wisely and strategically, and actually take the time to learn and implement what's offered to you before you move on to the next thing.
2. Stay in the know. Being up to date on the latest trends and advancements in your industry can only benefit you and promote your growth.
My advice: Set aside an hour a week to check in on the latest trends.
3. Be creative. This is one of my personal favorites! Creativity isn't just for artists, it's also about trying new things and having new experiences.
So, even if you don't feel like a creative person, take some time to explore your creative side. It will help you think outside the box and become a problem solver, which only adds to your life personally and professionally.
My advice: Sign up for something new that's totally out of your norm. Pay attention to what you learn from the experience and what interesting ideas are ignited.
4. Nurture your mind and body. Self care is where it's at! Burn out happens when you don't refill your tank.
My advice: Make time for eating healthy food, exercising, unplugging, reading a book or getting dirty in the garden... even if you don't feel like it or you feel like you don't have enough time!
5. Consider getting a formal mentor or a coach. There are coaches for everything! Business coaches, health coaches, life coaches, fitness coaches, Ironman training coaches, financial coaches, running coaches, mindset coaches... I could go on!!
My advice: Learn from someone who has done what you're trying to do, especially if it's something you've never done.
You're much more likely to reach your goals... and not only that, but get there faster! Plus, having someone to bounce ideas off of and troubleshoot with is priceless, not to mention the motivation and accountability.
Open the door to new opportunities. It will help you create the life that you keep dreaming about.
If you're ready to invest in the growth of your business, get more clients and build the streamlined, organized foundation that your business needs to thrive then look no further...
The Go-Getters Couch to $5K is a very clearly outlined, action-step oriented 12-week business growth training program, created specifically for women who are trying to establish a profitable business.